Thursday, 1st April
Port Academy Liverpool is about to pilot a brand-new short course with the Marine Society & Sea Cadets. It is completely FREE to anyone aged 19 years and above, not currently in possession of a Level 3 qualification (A Levels, Advanced Apprenticeship, Lv3 NVQ and the like).
The course is being delivered by Jamie Buller from the London Nautical School. It will run for 12 weeks over 2 half days per week and will include some practical training at the Crosby Lakeside Centre.
Shulah Jones, said “We are really excited to be able to deliver this course up in Liverpool and hope that we can use this to ‘turn people on’ to careers in the maritime sector”.
The course is ideally suited to anyone who is currently unemployed or in employment in the sector and looking to upskill. This has been made possible under the Government’s ‘Lifetime Skills Guarantee’ and is an opportunity not to be missed. Port Logistics flyer 3
This is part of a suite of new courses and they can be tailored to your employee or business needs. They can be delivered on-site at your business, remotely or on-campus at Hugh Baird College.
• Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Management & Leadership – Level 3
• AAT Accounting – Level 3 (must have Level 2 AAT qualification)
• Healthcare Support – Diploma – Level 3
• Youth Work Practice – Diploma – Level 3
• Introduction to Maritime and Port Logistics – Level 3
• Coaching and Mentoring – Certificate – Level 3
• ECDL (European Computing Driving License) – Level 3
Find out more
If you would like to discuss the above courses, please email Lesley Weir on: firstname.lastname@example.org