Thursday, 29th September
The Sailors’ Society is having a Signal Your Support dress down day on Thursday 29th September 2016 (World Maritime Day). All you have to do is dress in the colours of your national ensign flag, take a few pictures, and make a donation to Sailors’ Society to contribute to their work supporting seafarers around the world.
You’ll want your Signal Your Support dress down day to go smoothly so here are some hints and tips to help you on your way.
APPOINT A CHARITY CHAMPION
- Nominate someone to take charge of the day and give them this checklist
- Put posters and flyers up in the staff areas
- Post the details on the intranet
- Send all staff an email with an eye catching title (so they will actually read it)
- Include an advert in the internal newsletter
WHAT TO DO IN THE BUILD UP
- The week before – decide on a time for the group photo and collection for Sailors’ Society. You could even put a reminder in everyone’s calendar
- The Friday before- send a reminder email out to everyone
- The day before – send a reminder email at 2pm to make sure people receive it. e.g. “Don’t forget to wear red, white and blue tomorrow”
ON THE DAY
- Compliment everyone on their fabulous outfits
- Let everyone know when and where the staff photo will be taken
- Tweet your photo to @sailorssociety and #signalyoursupport
- Collect money and encourage text giving
- The fun doesn’t have to stop at the photo. Why not add to the day by having a bake sale or raffle with proceeds going to the Sailors’ Society?
- Add an element of competition with a prize for the best dressed or silliest photo
Above all remember to enjoy your day without a tie, shirt or pencil skirt in sight!